I honestly cannot believe how time flies so quickly and that I am finally twenty! Thank you to everyone for all of the birthday wishes and all of the love and support that I have received throughout my life. I am grateful to God for everything that I am blessed with and for my family and close friends who are always there for me.
As of now, I have so many great memories. I have learnt so many things. And I still have so many plans and dreams that I want to accomplish.
I think this quote perfectly describes how I feel upon turning twenty. As you get older you will notice how things have changed. How you have changed. But I'm glad that time does that. I realised that all I needed was time. Because time really does heal. And it gives you space for hope and to grow as a person.
As I turn twenty, I'm doing me. I am doing everything that I can to become the woman that I respect and to reach the potential that I know I have within me. As I get older, I have also realised that the only thing that could ever stop you is yourself. So I don't have any more excuses to not be the success that I want to be.
I have a strong intuition that good things and blessings will come my way. And when they do, I will let them manifest my life so that I can reach to the state of abundance. Alhamdulillah, the intuition is stronger as I know that God is guiding me in my journey. I am so excited and I am anticipating for what is about to come.
Nonetheless, here are five pieces of advice that I would have told to my younger teenage self:
- Love yourself. Completely. So that you can feel complete. I know that it's harder to do so when you are a teenager. You feel insecure with who you are and what you look like. You want to fit in. You care too much with what other people think. But when you love yourself, you accept yourself. And I think that it takes someone with a lot of courage to do so. Just know that you deserve to be kind and loving as well as respectful to yourself. How you treat yourself, is how you will let other people treat you. So go easy on yourself.
- Surround yourself with people who serve you good. I strongly believe that you will reflect the people that you surround yourself with. You will start acting like them and eventually be like them too. And this is actually quite scary. You might become the worst version of yourself. Or you could become your greatest version. So be with those that uplift you and inspire you to be better. Alhamdulillah, I am grateful for my amazing and beautiful friends who always support me and guide me to do the right thing. I think if it weren't for my friends, I wouldn't be who I am today.
- You're young, you are meant to make mistakes. Growing up I've made a lot of mistakes. And I'm sure that in my 20s I will make more as well. But that's life. We are meant to stuff up so that we can learn and grow from them. You will then know better so you will do better. So don't be afraid to fail. It is better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all. Live your life courageously, take the risks.
- Chill, there is still time for everything you want to do in life. You are young. You are supposed to have fun and enjoy life. Take things one step at a time, there is no need to rush or be stressed out. Everything is already written. Your time will come as your fate will unravel itself. Just enjoy every moment. Be grateful that you are still young. Be ambitious. Be optimistic. Be ready. Your whole life is ahead of you.
- Save your money. You will thank yourself in the long run for when you are travelling the world and have the money to fund your dreams.